Tuesday 10 January 2012

run, fatboy, run

Yesterday my mother told me that it was the Duchess of Cambridge's 30th birthday. 'See' she said, 'she's even older than you are'.

Yes. But she's a princess. Normal rules don't apply.

Humph.

But actually, it got me thinking. I like the Duchess (not that I know her personally, of course). I like that she's young, active, dresses well. I like her hair. She seems full of energy and promise for the future (hoping this isn't slightly weird here). In fact, she seems to be a pretty good role model. So, from this day forward, I will be drawing on Kate (as I like to call her) for inspiration. In all matters of hair, beauty and dress, she will be my personal role model. I will hold her high as a beacon of youth (even aged 30), deportment, grace, energy and hope. And (just as good) she has shown us all that we can marry our prince.

Disney must be proud.

So.... what does this mean for little old me? Well, I already decided that I don't want to be the only fatty in the wedding party at my best friend's wedding this September, so the diet started before Christmas (1st 1lb lost so far). To help this process, to do it healthily, and to ensure it lasts, I need to also do more exercise. Eat less, and move around more. The basics, surely?

Yesterday, I rode. Today I went for a brisk walk (far too unfit to actually run, but we all have to start somewhere). My photo today is boring, but a very useful tool - www.mapmyrun.com

 
And lastly, but by no means least. My muse. Thank you Ma'am.


Wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment