Sunday 15 January 2012

it's a dog's life






Today has been a good day. But it so easily could have been rubbish.

I slept really badly last night (horrid headache that kept making me wake up and had me sobbing in the small hours because I couldn't relieve it).

I could have been tired and cranky (or worse, still had the headache today). But I'm fine.
I could have been really cross and refused to do the youth group this morning because nobody had bothered to tell me that they were coming, so I didn't prepare, only to have them show up. But we were cheerful about it, 3 new young people came, and we're looking forward to next week.
I could have sulked in a corner over a catch up lunch with old friends,  because I was really anxious about going, and found it very hard work.  But I got on with it and had fun.
I could have panicked when the service I led tonight went horribly wrong and my boss broke my computer. But I didn't, fixed the computer, and we all had a lovely time, with several people telling me after how much they got out of it.

My photo today is of the dogs belonging to my good friends. Pip and Poppy are gorgeous, friendly, gentle, fun dogs... But the best thing about them is how much joy they have in life. Everything is an adventure. The glass is always half full. They are up for any challenge and all experiences. They are so exuberant, and their joy affects everyone around them.

It really is a dog's life: and it's ours for the taking. 

(Maybe Kate has rivals for the position of My Role Model. Bet she's worried) 

No comments:

Post a Comment