Monday 27 February 2012

mum was right...

... it really will all end in tears...

Last week we finished our lectures on play and creativity. So I put into practice what I had learned about play:






Playing with the dog belonging to my boss, Poppy. (The dog that is, not my boss).

Dressing up S in lectures (still can't believe she let me draw on her. Funnily, she wouldn't go for the full 'tache and goatee).



Cuddling up to R on the sofa, watching crap tv.

Making good use of the airbed (In my world this is a... magic carpet, titantic, car, horse, bouncy castle - complete with suitable soundtracks). All went well until it became a surfboard (to the sounds of the Beach Boys, natch).

It turns out airbeds aren't meant to have 2 adults bouncing on them pretending to surf, and it may have slightly, well, burst.

We bought J a new bed, and a big box of chocolates, but the moral of the story> Have fun, but not too much fun!

In tribute to the 'unfortunate incident', I will now be forgoing all fun for the foreseeable future, and writing 3 essays, conducting 5 interviews, doing usual work, exercising and dieting...

It's going to be a loooooooooooong fortnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment