Saturday 4 February 2012

just desserts

Oh dear... this diary keeping isn't going too well, is it?!

My week can mostly be summed up by the pictures of, and eating of, puddings! (diet also not going that well...).

Firstly, I had the discovery of microwave cake in a cup:


So quick and so easy - to be eaten when needed as a quick fix-me-up, taught to young people to fill time in youth groups... A thing of beauty!

We also had our first pudding club (!), each offering was judged individually on artistic interpretation, technical merit,  nutritional value, and taste. In order of final placings, may I present:


1st Place: N's Profiteroles. Looked shop-bought. Tasted INCREDIBLE!


2nd Place: MY LEMON MERINGUE PIE!!!!! V excited by this! They are scrummy, if I do say so myself. Good old Margueritte Pattern. Think I might have won if I hadn't admitted to shop bought pastry. Doh.

 3rd place: S's Jammy/ coconuty crunch thing. Liked the twist on jam tart, extra points for use of 2 fruits (good nutritional value), but I did feel like my teeth were going to fall out after eating - soooooooooooooooooooooooooo sweet!


4th Place: S's Rum n Raison Bread and Butter Pudding. I hate bread and butter pudding, but this was gorgeous... He lost marks on technical merit...


5th Place: D's banoffee pie. One of my favourites, but artistic interpretation let hm down, sadly.

So, this is basically my week. Have piled on the weight, but had fun doing it! After feeling v ill having eaten 5 puddings each, we have decided next pudding club is 'Carrot Night'. 5 exciting things to do with a carrot!

I'll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment