Friday 10 February 2012

i have confidence in sunshine

Oh, I must stop these doubts, all these worries
If I don't I just know I'll turn back
I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack

I have confidence in sunshine
I have confidence in rain
I have confidence that spring will come again
Besides which you see I have confidence in me

I do love The Sound of Music! And so, you see, this week is all about confidence. After a very major wobble earlier in the week (sort by the bf who plied me with wine, a kind ear, and a good kick up the backside) I am now back on track. Hurrah!

This morning I went riding, and realised that I have all my old confidence back, which feels soooooooooooooo good. I can thank two horses for this:


This is Roogie. He is very kind, totally bombproof, but not boring - basically an overgrown pony! We have a lot of fun together, and I don't take him very seriously.



And this is Splodge. He was a big posh show horse (placed at Horse of the Year Show dontchaknow) until injury ended his showing career. He is to be taken more seriously, but is still one of the kindest animals you'll meet.

So, taking time with these two boys has really got me 'back in the saddle' and enjoying my riding again, and that has given me the confidence to ride other horses:



This is Rhino. Officially the ugliest horse in the world. Ever. He is 3 (still a baby) but he is now getting stronger and turning into a stroppy teenager. 6 months ago I'd have been terrified of him, but now I just laugh when he throws himself around, hold on and get on with it. Situation normal. And I can't tell you how good it feels. And that confidence translates. We'll see how long it lasts, but until then...

I have confidence in confidence alone
Besides which you see I have confidence in me!

No comments:

Post a Comment