Sunday 19 February 2012

once there was a thing called spring

Oh Ella. Ella Ella Ella.

If my heart could sing songs, its voice would be yours.

Note to self: Must trawl iTunes for beautiful old songs a la Ms Fitzgerald.

Anyhoo. my weekly update is shaped by the horrid cold I have been suffering. Not suffering in silence I might add. Oh no, I've been very pathetic, and haven't cared who knew it!

On the plus side, I got to ride:

I got to play with the puppies, and N's gorgeous niece and nephew, I've been to the cinema twice, have made a good start on my dissertation research, planned the hen weekend, found a bridesmaids dress, drunk a £60 bottle champagne (by accident - honest!), lost another 2lbs in weight (1 1/2 stone now - painfully slow but going in the right direction), window-shopped loads of nice clothes to buy when I'm thin (and rich?), it's been a beautiful sunny (if sharply cold) day today, and overall, life is feeling pretty good.

I know it's technically not spring yet, but a bit of sun makes all the difference, no?

Still, it's been easy to forget that other people still have bad stuff happening, and life is not always easy. So I got to wondering, what is there I (we) can do to help out/ make a difference/ live with righteous anger (guess the subject of the service tonight?!)?

As Lent starts on Wednesday, I'm not giving anything up. I will be committing to praying (praying hard) for 40 different people, one a day until Easter. I'm making my list, and I will be sticking to it (if I managed to give up chocolate last year, I can do anything!).

Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment