Friday 2 November 2012

Day One...

It's that time of year again. The clocks go back, the nights draw in, and men around the country grow disconcerting facial hair. It's:

MOVEMBER!

I've decided that this year, I want to join in with all the fun. My dad had prostate cancer. As did my Uncle. As did my Grandfather. As do lots of other people's family members and friends. My Dad had a major operation (which thankfully cured him), but he lost a lot of blood, and is still feeling the side effects (nearly 6 years later).

Usually, I like to give blood as often as possible, as my way of saying 'thank you' to the people who donated and saved my Dad's life. However, I haven't been able to do so for a while because of iron anaemia.

Sooooooooo, I've decided this year to buy myself a moustache (malleable no less), and will be fashioning myself various debonair styles to wear over the month. Not 24/7. For example, I can't eat or drink wearing it (now understand why Mr Twit kept bits of his meals in his beard), and I'm not entirely sure it's appropriate attire for our Remembrance Day services, but I figure I can wear it most of the time when outside my own house.

I'm going to do a photo diary (I actually will this time!) of my month, and will be posting here, Facebook, and on my very own MoSpace page:

http://mosista.co/sarahduboulay

(Incidentally, you can donate on this page - useful, huh?!)

So, please tell all you friends, all your family - this Mosista is giving the boys a run for their money!

Day 1: An early morning stroll around Derwentwater. Shortly after this was taken, the heavens opened!

No comments:

Post a Comment